Helen E. Dao: President/CEO
Helen Dao (MHA, Master in Healthcare Administration of New Jersey City University) is the President and CEO of Dao Management Consulting Services, Inc. Dao’s mission is to help healthcare leaders improve quality of care and creating lasting programs in the community through innovative strategies. She has work extensively with local, state, and national organizations to identify and implement the best practices and strategies to improve quality of care for people with chronic health conditions.
Dao has lead State and National quality improvement projects such as
- Project Access, which focused on children with special health care needs.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Project, which addresses diabetes and eye diseases.
- New Jersey Vision Task Force, which focuses expansion of early eye screening in underserved communities and the development and implementation of a national curriculum for care coordinators in community health centers.
Dao has spoken at national organizations such as the National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality (NICHQ), National Association of Public Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the National Epilepsy Foundation of America.
She has several published articles on cultural competency and patient-centered medical home model.
Dao has conducted seminars on cultural and linguistic competence at organizations such as UMDNJ School of Public Health, New York Institute of Technology Medical School, and the Interagency Council of New York.
Some of Dao’s professional affiliations include
- Previous President of the Institute of Management Consultants New Jersey Chapter, a chapter of IMC-USA, which is the sole certifying body for Management Consultants in the U.S..
- Member of the advisory board for the New Jersey Asian American Association for Human Services and Chair of the planning committee.
- Executive committee member for the American Heart Association.
- Member of the American Public Health Association.